Each person entering the territory of the Republic of Poland is required to undergo a mandatory 14-days quarantine. Foreigners must provide a quarantine address in the territory of the Republic of Poland. Failure to comply with this requirement by a foreigner results in the issuance of the decision on refusal of entry into the territory of the Republic of Poland for the reason of a threat to public health.
The quarantine obligation within the meaning of the Regulation of the Minister of Health of 20 March 2020 on the announcement of an epidemic status in the Republic of Poland shall not apply to persons crossing the border of the Republic of Poland for the reason of performing professional activities:
- by the crew of a vessel within the meaning of maritime safety regulations or the crew of an aircraft within the meaning of art. 2 point 1 of the Act of 3 July 2002 - Aviation Law (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1580 and 1495 and of 2020, item 284)
- by drivers performing road transport as part of international road transport or international combined transport within the meaning of the provisions on road transport
- by drivers performing road transport as part of international road transport or international combined transport within the meaning of the provisions on road transport returning from abroad by other means of transport than the vehicle used for road transport:
a) for the purpose of taking the rest referred to in Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 March 2006. on the harmonization of certain social provisions relating to road transport and amending Council Regulations (EEC) No 3821/85 and (EC) 2135/98, as well as repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No 3820/85 EC (Official Journal of the EU L102 of 11.04.2006, p. 1, as amended 2)), in the territory of the Republic of Poland,
b) after taking abroad a rest referred to in in letter a) and after a break in performance of work within circumstances indicated in art. 31 par. 1 of the acto of 16 April 2004 on time of work of drivers (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1412,
- by the train crew referred to in § 21 (1) of the regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of July 18, 2005 on general conditions for operating railway traffic and signaling (Journal of Laws of 2015, items 360 and 1476, of 2016, item 1849 and from 2019, item 964 and 2352), and other employees necessary to perform transport services in the international rail transport, performing professional activities in the Republic of Poland or a neighboring country, on the basis of a list constituting a list of these persons forwarded by the carrier to The President of the Office of Rail Transport, who transfers it to the Chief Commander of the Border Guard,
- by drivers performing road transport of motor vehicles or vehicles with trailers with a maximum weight of no more than 3.5 tonnes in road transport of goods and not commercial road transport of goods.
- The obligation to perform a 14-days quarantine does not apply to soldiers of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland or soldiers of allied forces, police officers, border guards, the State Fire Service and the State Protection Service performing official tasks when crossing the border of the Republic of Poland